It’s been a little while since I’ve done a post like this. I’ve been meaning to put one together and after a series of recent events that transpired in my life, I decided to write this piece. I’m pretty sure most of you would have heard of the song Dreams Can Come True. Well, as a dreamer, I can safely say they sure can. Here are steps I take in making my dreams my reality.
1. Have a dream – I know it sounds pretty obvious but in order to make a dream become your reality you have to at least have one. When focusing on what it is you want, you have to make it as specific as possible so you can act upon it with direction.
2. Attach meaning – I like to attach meanings to my dreams that way I don’t abandon it. I attach meanings that hold sentimental values. Once you give your dream a meaning, you’ll find reasons never to give up on it especially when your faith is tested.
3. Act – This might also sound like an obvious one but if you don’t act you’ll struggle to move forward with what it is you initially set out out to achieve. It doesn’t matter if you lack the resources or wherewithal to act. Make do of the skills and talents that reside within you and soon enough you’ll attract the things and people that’ll push you closer to your dreams.
4. Ask – The answer is always out there, and if you continue to ask the right questions, you’ll get to it. Don’t be afraid to learn from others or ask for assistance when you’re struggling. You’ll not only grow in the process but forge positive relationships.
5. Pay it forward – In as much as it is your dream, don’t make it a selfish one. As much as you ask, you should make an effort to give back. They say if you help enough people get what it is they want, you’ll get what it is you want. It could be something as little as showing gratitude which usually doesn’t take much. So, in the spirit of paying it forward, I’d like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone of you who continue to read my blog posts, I appreciate your support and wish you great success in your pursuits. Have a great weekend people 🙂
Jumper, Jeans, Socks, & Pumps by Primark.